Time will always be here.
Fading away and counting
in the background.
Time will always tell the tale
of long lost cause and
Time will always testify
that beauty wasted
came with flaws.
Time will always wrest its gains,
and change and twist
and show they way.
Time will always break our hearts
and steal the souls we want so much.
And make us curse and beat the ground
asking why we’ve got real life
Time will always make us change
and turn our hearts to life long dreams
and make us hate and love and kill
and want the things we never knew.
Time will always heal our wounds
and make us laugh the way we could
and tear down the walls we built so high
and make us crack and break and smile.
Time will always tell the tale. . .
Theodora, 16, is a young poet, she writes from Middlesbrough, UK. Email: email@example.com
All rights reserved. This material may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from OlaitanAjiboye or the Author.
Like this Article? Subscribe to Our Feed!
You may also like:
- August 9, 2014 Poem: The Thing Inside Your Heart – By Theodora Oyani
- July 19, 2014 Poem: My First Love’s Apple Garden – By Theodora Oyani
- July 7, 2014 Poem: I Remember – By Theodora Oyani
- June 25, 2014 Poem: The Things We Did, By Theodora Oyani
- August 26, 2014 Poem: Maybe – By Theodora Oyani
- March 15, 2014 When hate becomes a danger – Olaitan Ajiboye
- March 21, 2014 12 Years a Slave: A Testimony of Man’s Inhumanity – Fani Kayode
- August 6, 2014 Homeless Man Arm Wrestles For $100, Then Does Something You Would Never Expect